Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

The Nature of psychology.?

A researcher finds that when she stimulates certain segments of a patient's brain , the person either has a vivid memory or involuntarilt moves a body part. This research reflects which which psychological perspective?

A) social-cultural

B) biopsychological

C) cognitive

D) behavioral

• junkee
    Favorite Answer

b

None of the above; artificial neuro-stimulation does not pass through the normal sense receptors and therefore bypasses the person, the personality, the psychy. I would name it 'abnormal neuro-stimulation' causing secondary responses for diagnostic purposes. In the social context I would classify the event as anti-cultural dehumanization, but I would doubt, outside of Nazi concentration camps, such a test would happen without the patients interest in mind, i.e. diagnosis.

I guess B) biopsychological

I saw that on a film. How did they get in the person's brain in the first place? I hope the patient was not being abused. Seems like a dumb experiment nowadays. Today there are machines that can detect brain activity without cutting open someone's head.

Source(s): Alternative Cruelty Free Health a variety of Holistic Health concerns http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cfhealth

B) biopsychological since it affects either memory or movement.

B.

(So what'd you put down for question # 45?)

concur with b