Low Connection Stregth; how do i fix it?

I went home over Labor Day and came back to school and attempted to connect to the wireless network that the school has. Before I went home my signal strength was always Very Good or Excellent, and now it alternates between Very Low and not connected at all. I connected to my wireless network at home and had no problems. Is connecting at home causing this problem now that I'm back at school? How can I fix this problem quickly because I need to access the internet in my room, so I can do homework! Thank You So Much!

Favorite Answer

It is most likely the wireless router at your school which is the problem. If your wireless card was working earlier and you're using the same location at school when it worked, I doubt that anything outside of physical damage to the wireless could be the problem on your end. Try using your laptop inside a school building and close to the Wi-Fi spot.

If you continue to experience problems, there should be a School IT/Help Group number for you to call. When you call them, at a contact name and/or support request id. This way you can provide proof of problems to your instructor if needed. BUT no matter what, attempt to download your homework from another access point e.g. Kinko's, a friend's computer, and etc. Your instructor might not allow any excuses for not having completed your homework before the network went down. You cannot take the chance.

-123

Try deleting your home network icon, and reinstalling your connection for school. Your laptop may be looking for the wireless connection at home.

• pappy

Contact the school computer administrator and explain what is happening would be the best (first) thing to do.

You may get answers here to change settings etc. that would make it worse and harder to fix. Without being at the computer it is almost impossible to answer correctly here.

I have a feeling that your default settings have changed.

Pappy is right. Contact the system administrator.

are u updated as for as LAN?