promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

1972 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible?

My girlfriends uncle has an old 1972 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible and its in bad shape, i've never seen it its out on her grandparents farm in Winnipeg but apparently looks like a cow ran into the back end... How hard would u say it would be to repair it, is it worth it...i've done work on cars but nothing to this degree and I only know the minimal things. Its been kept outside too for years only covered by a car cover and a tarp. How much would it cost, any ideas?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The car has a fiber glass body. If you're planning on doing your own repairs and do not have previous experience with this type of material, don't even think about it.

Source(s): been there on a prior project
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Teresa
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

you wont find one without a salvage title for 5k or less. Most stingrays are either rusting away in a barn ( insert sobbing here) or they have been very well taken care of and are expensive. just for a 76 stingray that i restored it cost me 9500 just to getthe car and that was from a junk yard......

• 1 decade ago

By the sound of it, a pretty penny, a lot of fiberglass work and who knows about the drivetrain. A good car to stay away from, cheaper to buy one already mostly restored.

• john l
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

See it first and then ask questions !!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.