promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

when you eat food that is high in iron will it cause you to bleed in between cycles?

my birth control pills keep me from having periods but i noticed when i eat rasins and pinto beans i start my period a day later is that normal or could something else be causing this

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Cooincidence...high iron means good red blood cells to call oxygen to your cells....

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • ruthie
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Iron can cause you to become constipated. Constipation can cause the butt to bleed. Where are you bleeding from? I don't think that iron should effect your period. Your birth control pills must be too strong. You should have some sort of period even if for only 3 days. Talk to your doctor about this. I would get a second opinion from his too.

• 1 decade ago

What you eat doesn't make your cycle any different talk to your Dr. It may be time to switch you birth control pills <<<< And way to go taking precautions for pregnancy , but don't forget the condoms #3 cheers 4 safe sex

• 1 decade ago

Probably not related, but there's always a possibility. You might try to randomly eat raisins, and then maybe a week later, eat pinto beans. See what happens.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.