when you eat food that is high in iron will it cause you to bleed in between cycles?

my birth control pills keep me from having periods but i noticed when i eat rasins and pinto beans i start my period a day later is that normal or could something else be causing this

Favorite Answer

Cooincidence...high iron means good red blood cells to call oxygen to your cells....

• ruthie

Iron can cause you to become constipated. Constipation can cause the butt to bleed. Where are you bleeding from? I don't think that iron should effect your period. Your birth control pills must be too strong. You should have some sort of period even if for only 3 days. Talk to your doctor about this. I would get a second opinion from his too.

What you eat doesn't make your cycle any different talk to your Dr. It may be time to switch you birth control pills <<<< And way to go taking precautions for pregnancy , but don't forget the condoms #3 cheers 4 safe sex

Probably not related, but there's always a possibility. You might try to randomly eat raisins, and then maybe a week later, eat pinto beans. See what happens.