How can I clean chocolate stain off a granite counter top?

I left choclate oreo icecream sit on my counter top over night. You know the delicious Oreo Klondike bars... ehmm anyway now I have a big choclate stain on my new granite counter top.

• LARCO
    Favorite Answer

don't do anything. speak to a granite speciality store, you might ruin the granite if you use the wrong thing

If it is real granite, just chip it off with a razor blade. I love my granite for just that reason. I live with the Human Pig and his piglet. I have a blade that is in a holder, buy one at Home depot. Just get under the goo and lift it off. Granite is pretty indestructable, as long as you seal it. Good luck!

• eggman

Scrub it with a little baking soda and water. The guy above me is thinking of a product called Rid-X... but the bacteria in Rid-X is specifically designed to eat sewage, not chocolate.

you can try to use this stuff that is used in septic tanks that contains bacteria, put a small amount of water over the stain and then a small amount of the bacteria powder over the water and let it set for a couple days... it won' t harm the counter

• Susan

Have you tried pouring rubbing alcohol on it and just absorbing it up. Did you have your counters treated with a coating when installed if not they may still be somewhat porous. If the iso does not work try Mineral Spirits

What kind of idiot doesnt put ice cream in the freezer and instead leaves in on a nice granite countertop?

ok now you need to get a very hot microfiber towle and let it soak with soft scrub i garantee results

Source(s): im a very smart peronelle lol j/p

a grinder or sandpaper.....will ruin your countertop, but will get the stain out

peanut butter