promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How can I clean chocolate stain off a granite counter top?

I left choclate oreo icecream sit on my counter top over night. You know the delicious Oreo Klondike bars... ehmm anyway now I have a big choclate stain on my new granite counter top.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • LARCO
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

don't do anything. speak to a granite speciality store, you might ruin the granite if you use the wrong thing

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

If it is real granite, just chip it off with a razor blade. I love my granite for just that reason. I live with the Human Pig and his piglet. I have a blade that is in a holder, buy one at Home depot. Just get under the goo and lift it off. Granite is pretty indestructable, as long as you seal it. Good luck!

• eggman
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Scrub it with a little baking soda and water. The guy above me is thinking of a product called Rid-X... but the bacteria in Rid-X is specifically designed to eat sewage, not chocolate.

• 1 decade ago

you can try to use this stuff that is used in septic tanks that contains bacteria, put a small amount of water over the stain and then a small amount of the bacteria powder over the water and let it set for a couple days... it won' t harm the counter

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Susan
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Have you tried pouring rubbing alcohol on it and just absorbing it up. Did you have your counters treated with a coating when installed if not they may still be somewhat porous. If the iso does not work try Mineral Spirits

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What kind of idiot doesnt put ice cream in the freezer and instead leaves in on a nice granite countertop?

• 1 decade ago

ok now you need to get a very hot microfiber towle and let it soak with soft scrub i garantee results

Source(s): im a very smart peronelle lol j/p
  • 1 decade ago

a grinder or sandpaper.....will ruin your countertop, but will get the stain out

• 1 decade ago

peanut butter

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.