Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

What are the pros and cons about being married to a guy almost 10 years older?

• silver
    Favorite Answer

My husband is 13 years older than me. He is well established in life and in his job. He knows what he wants and goes for it. He isn't some young thing still shopping around for a girl. The only thing I think that is a con, is that on average he will die before me, but we try not to dwell on that and just enjoy each other.

There is a 14 year age differance between my husband and I. The pros are the older one has more life experiance and is more established and knows what they want. The cons are the younger one hasn't experianced as much and wants to do so, and may have more energy than the older partner.

I have been happily married for 6 years my husband is 9 years older than me. He is caring and responsible and knows what he wants. He is mature and compromises with me about everything we decide to do. I still have not found any cons. I knew I did not want to deal with an immature, confused 20 year old and my decision turned out to be the wisest choice I have ever made. I am not going to lie at first I had my doubts because I would think about how things would be in the future. Up to this moment I do not regret it one bit. Good Luck to you!!!

My husband is 18 years older than me.

Pros: He sure lasts a long time in bed!

He's very grateful to have me

He's highly unlikely to leave me for a younger woman

Cons: He'll most likely die long before I do and leave me a widow

He can't keep up with me on cross country skis

His kids are almost as old as I am

I'm a grandma - and way too young for that

If you find a guy who is just so perfect for you that you can't imagine life without him, and every day with him is a blessing, it's worth all the cons.

Well, if you are young there isn't usually a problem but, as you get older the age difference starts to really show. Sex is one of the main ways. When you are 40 and at your peak, he will be winding down if he can even function at all. Also, you will want to go out and do things and he will be getting more tired and wanting to stay at home. Get the picture?

Pros: He can drop you off at school in the mornings. Cons: He can be arrested for having relations with a minor.

Source(s): 2 of the 3 voices in my head.

the pros......he is much wiser and more secure and sure of what he wants.........

the cons.....he will leave this earth much before you w/o an unfortunate accident......he will cherish you,,,,,,,,,believe me, been there done that, only mine was 15 yrs older.....now the hard part is being alone again a young widow for the past 10 years

Source(s): me
  • BRAT

My husband is over 7 years older than me and sometimes it gets to me. I thought I'd never marry anyone older than me but did and he sometimes acts a lot older than he is and I act younger than I am at times and this causes conflict, of course. You may think an older man will bring you stability and security but do you want to settle for that ? Unless...of couse, you really, really love him. I thought I loved my husband so much but one day I started having doubts and one of the problems is the age difference. Think about it...

my dad is 10 yrs older than my mom, so far after 52 yrs of ,marriage the only con about it is that dad is getting less active, but then he is 80 yrs old.

I do not know. My husband is 2.5 years older than me. We've been married 12 years.