chinadoll462 asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

when can I change my baby frys water?

Favorite Answer

Start as soon as you finish reading this post. The best thing you can do for fry is to feed them 3-4 times a day and change 50% of their water every other day until they are about an inch long. Be careful removing the water, so you don't suck up any fry. They need the same temp as the parents, so I usually keep them in a breeding net in the same tank as the parents. Same water, same temp.

Make sure you feed them high protein (45-50%) fry food. When they are babies, that is when they need the best food. That way they will grow fast and be healthy adults.

Source(s): 25 years of keeping and spawning many different species of tropical fish. 22 tanks up and running at present. I have worked in both the retail and wholesale tropical fish business.

You can change their water as soon as their born, if it suits you.

With my guppies, I changed their water once a week (every Saturday), and I only took out about 10-15%. If you use a gravel vacuum to change your water, don't with the babies unless you can be certain you won't suck up any of the fry. Instead, consider using airline tubing - it will take a lot longer, but you have a lot more control over what you suck up.

You have to change it as offen as possible