Y r there no American female PRESIDENTS? Has any woman ever ran for the presidency?

Other countries have managed to have female presidents. Why not the US of A? I thought America was the land of the free/equal???

Do no females in America want to become president? Are women all brainwashed to think their place is either on a magazine cover or behind the kitchen stove?

Please read my other question also

for reference http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Av9LT...

• IMHO
    Favorite Answer

O wow. No females have ever run. Hilary Clinton will probably run soon.

Several women HAVE ran for the office of President. Each election, around 150-200 people officially run. Several are women. Most of them are not seen on ballots outside of one or two states. However, they do officially run as independents or for really small parties.... and all the votes are counted and they are officially kept. So if you run, and you get a few votes, you do go down in history. Not well known history, but history none the less.

As for a woman president from a major party.... That will be something to see. If England can do it with Thatcher.... its only a matter of time.

• byro

There are some american females completely able to operating the country. yet no longer each and every human being in the country votes, maximum females gained't vote for a lady for that reason on my own and on account that a good type of those females are republicans who trust that females could basically be homestead breeding toddlers and capturing animals - they prefer one as a vice chairman, yet no longer for the actual activity

• Stuart

Geraldine Ferraro ran for vice president with Walter Mondale. Women are still 20 years or so away from becoming electable.

Source(s): The woman who ran last election cycle was Carol Mosley Braun, a former US Ambassador, and a representative from Illinois.

In America in the 19th century, a woman named Victoria Woodhull ran for President & obviously lost. Her running mate was a black man named Frederick Douglass.

Because everyone knows that women make rotten leaders. Just look at other countries who have a woman for a leader ... though I can't think of one at the moment because none of them have done anything memorable. Get married, get pregnant, raise a family, keep the house clean, cook, and make your husband happy so he won't leave you for some **** who thinks she's good enough to be president.

Edit: Whoops, vice president. Geraldine Ferraro got the democratic nod for vice president under Mondale in 1984.

I would hazard to guess that Hilary Clinton has her eye on the top spot...

• eggman

Women have run, but not for a major political party... the closest was Geraldine Ferraro who ran as vice presidential candidate for Walter Mondale (I think).

Shirley Chisholm ran in the '70's. Of all those who have considered runs she would have made the best president in my opinion. I was on a small commuter plane with her once. There were only five of us on the plane. I liked her. Too bad the time wasn't right.

Women don't belong in the oval office. They belong in the kitchen and in the laundry room. They clean, cook, give birth to babies and pleasure their men orally. They have no right to be president or hold down ANY job.

A woman ran for the democratic nomination last year, i forget her name and she was soundly beaten by John Kerry. Wow she musta been really dumb! But that aside, I'd vote for a woman who was best qualified, but I wouldn't vote for her just cause she was a chick.