I can't sleep lately.... and it is really starting to effect the way my b/f sleeps... HELP PLEASE.?

I toss and turn all night and lately I have been keeping my b/f up. Is there something over the counter that I can take .... although I have tried almost everything. I don't sleep well then when I wake up I don't have any energy.... I have a somewhat crazy work schedule. On Friday I work til midnight then I have to be back at work at 8am Sat. Then the next day, Sunday, I have to be back at work for 3pm and work til midnight. Once again on Monday I have to be at work for 3pm and work til midnight. Then I'm off for three days..... and the first day I am off alllllllll I want to do is sleep... I love my job and I am not going to quit and there is no way to change the schedule...... But I need to improve my sleeping habits and have some energy to move.......Help me

• BAnne
    Favorite Answer

Ask your doc for some sleeping pills.

Your body is trying to tell you that your schedule is not healthy and is causing your sleep problems. A regular, full night's sleep has many health benefits. Is there a time of day that you can always go to sleep and get a full 6 to 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep? Your body needs this in order to function properly. Find that time and always go to bed at that time and your sleep problems will go away.

You can take 2, 25mg. of Benedryl and a glass of milk; you should sleep like a baby. This is an antihistimine and the milk is for calcium that will also help you sleep. Meletonin over the counter can help also. Godloveya!

Source(s): retired nurse

I'm not sleep expert but maybe you shouldn't sleep the whole day on your days off it may effect your sleeping pattern. Also, the bed may be uncomfortable or loud noises.

I hope you figure out the problem soon.

Try herbal supplements. They will help to soothe and calm you so you can fall to sleep. This site has good info

espresso