Anyone depressed like i am because it's Labor Day?

I love the summer months and I just dread the upcoming winter months. Any suggestions (besides moving down south) that could help get me past this feeling of dismay and sadness?

Favorite Answer

talk to me dogmicjoe@yahoo.com. start volunteering. try holisticonline.com.

Yeah. I'm depressed because it's Labor Day and I'm laboring away at work. It's actually a proven fact that people are more depressed in winter than summer. With shorter days and less daylight the brain releases more melatonin, a hormone normally released as one tries to fall asleep. Being tired will always lead to depression. All science and my complaining of work aside, there are some things that you can do to keep summer going. When it's cold out we spend more time inside. Make the inside of your home remind you of summer. Pictures from the beach, maybe a small indoor palm tree in the living room. My personal favorite trick to use is smell. Winter smells different than summer. Go to the mall and hit up one of those candle stores. Find what's on clearance as they get rid of their summer lines to make room for their winter scents. An island mango candle and a fruity drink can take you right back to summer. Good luck!

• jarm

I don't mind the end of summer, but I do find it genuinely depressing that people don't seem to know what Labour Day is about anymore. They don't think why is it named that? They may complain about minimum wages being low, aand at the same time don't appreciate how hard people fought to achieve laws guaranteeing a minimum wage... for one example...and how such gains are slipping away.

now that's depressing! it seems whether you think of the day as summer's end or politically, its equally a total bummer!

okay, enough of this, end of lecture. Happy Labour Day!

I am. Sort of. I'm in a mixed state- mania and depression. It's really bad. My medications aren't working. Got to see my psychiatrist tomorrow.

i feel you! i am a summer person. i was thinking why i was feeling down today. now that i read your question, i know... winter is almost here. cold weather, snow, rain... ighh

i hate it!!!!! i don't like wearing heavy clothes either.

You need to start a support group for people who feel like you.

I reckon it will be HUGE