Is this a virus? Operation timed out?

"The operation timed out when attempting to contact . . . "

Out of 3 yahoo! accounts only mine gets this message. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me, the last time was over a holiday weekend too. The 1st time lasted over a week. I can get my mail from other computers outside my house, but can't get mail from home computer. My personal page comes up, shows drop down list of messages but won't access the mail. Is this some type of virus? I could understand if it happened to everyone in the house with an account, but it only happens to mine. One day it worked and the next day it didn't. But like I said, it will work from other computers. Why is it singling only the one account? This is frustrating.

I have been logging out and relogging in all day. I have restarted the machine many times. Nothing works. I can get access to other accounts mail during the same log in session.

Favorite Answer

Not a virus...Yahoo is switching over servers and it has been causing some glitches, hiccups in their service. Why? Because their servers are now over loading so you have to just reload and persevere

Source(s): had a techie call yahoo and that is what they said

Not really. It just means that your email expire. Just log out and back in again. It worked for me.