James asked in SportsOther - Sports · 1 decade ago

I would like to run better in track. Any suggestions?

I run rather flatfotted and it really wears me out. How can I break this habit and be able to run faster and over longer distances?

Favorite Answer

Start running in sandals

Its going to take some time, and lots of practice, but you can do it.

First, make sure you have good running shoes, they will help force you to use a correct stride. NO cross traininers or court shoes, you want shoes just for running.

When you run, focus on taking long, slow strides. Reach out with your foot and land on your heel. Roll your foot under you. Push as far behind you as you can, and push off with your toe.

It will feel slow at first, but thats normal. As you get used to running this way, you will feel that your body saves a lot of energy in a proper stride. You wont feel as tired after running a mile, and you can start working on speed.

There are some important tips for you as i have some experience . Before running you have to take ample water , breath smoothly . Get some nice and comfortable running sandals for comfortable movement .

You have to buy a running book. They tell you how to change your running style to make you go faster & longer etc.

first of all run on your toes and when moving your hands make sure you take them all the way back don't keep them at your sides trust me i run cross country and track and it helps go faster

WHAT U MEAN WEARS U OUT ITS TRACK NOT CROSSCOUNTRY.