Bill A asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Why is is that when somebody is staring at you, you can sense it?

Favorite Answer

don't know, but you can test it out, cause my husband and I were talking about it in the car once, and I said I'll prove it to you, look right at someone when your close to their vehicle, they will turn their head!!!

We used to be aware of our animal instincts but with time, we have lost touch with our own animalness. That's too bad. But what you're asking is just that--we, like animals in the wild, have the uncanny ability to sense a stare by another living creature. This is our defense mechanism at work.

Because usually the person that is staring looks like a higheena with those big old eyes peering right at you.

I don't think you can, you just think you can. If your eyes just look in that direction for even a millesecond your brain will be able to register it and know that they are looking at you. Without you even seeing it.

Also many phenoma expereinces can be explained due to chance. If you think that someone is looking at you and it turns out to be right then you remember it, however if you look and no one is looking at you, you just forget it and never think about it again. You only remember when your right lol.

you "sense" it because you "see" it. We have 180+ degrees of peripheral vision, and that's even without moving our head or an eye!

We "see" it even though it is not in our primary point of focus - peripheral vision is especially sensitive to motion, but is (we are) aware of everything in range at a lower level of conciousness.

• FILO

Mostly women can. Because at certain days they look superb, and that they see more guys a looking at her. And if she happens to walk by couple guys, she knows those guys are probably looking at her. good enough, yes?

Good question, I'd like to know if there's a logical answer to this one..

cause u can feel energy coming from the person

peripheral vision, even if you don't realize it

yeah,sometimes.