promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
AutumnSky asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Does anyone know how soon I can give my dog a bath after applying Frontline plus?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

My vet always tells me that I should apply Frontline when my dog is dirty, and wait up to 3 days for bathing. He also reccomends going to this web site for a discount on your next purchase: http://frontline.us.merial.com/offers/index.asp

Source(s): In vet tech school, and I asked the Doctor (Vet)
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

You can give him a bath approximately 24 hours after applying Frontline Plus. It is completely waterproof after drying, but I'd still wait.

• 1 decade ago

You can give him a quick bath with no worries. Better wash him than worry about washing off some of the Frontline.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My vet says you must wait at least 2 full days to give it plenty of time to soak into the skin.

frontline is all she stocks.

I usually use Advantix,never having good luck with the Frontline.But bought it in a pinch from her.

She explained that the stuff needs 2 days drying time cos of all the dogs hair it has to fully absorb into before they get wet.My dogs go swimming alot.

You should also apply any flea meds before you go to bed so it has all night to absorb into the skin.Dogs and cats tend to rub and roll and some of product comes off so is less effective.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

At least 24 to 48 hours

• 1 decade ago

give the bath first and then apply the frontline.

• 1 decade ago

24 hours

• 1 decade ago

Your suppose to wait 24 hours I believe. After that the product is waterproof. You just have to give it time to really soak in and work.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it's either 24 or 48 hrs after you apply it...but to be on the safe side, call your local vet and ask them:)

• 1 decade ago

I have three bassets and i wait until the next day , you do know that its water proof and you have to reapply every thirty days

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.