promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How do you remove those tan censors off clothes?

The lady at the counter forgot to remove a tan censor off my dress and I do not want to drive all the way back to the store (45 minutes!) What can I use to get it off w/out ruining the dress?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

How did you get out of the store without it being removed? Is it not an anti-shoplifting device?

Take it back to the store next time you're out that way...if you phone them, they will not tell you how to remove a sensor.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Censor Remover For Clothes

• 1 decade ago

The sensors on the clothing will ruin the clothing if not properly taken off. It is illegal to possess or buy the machine that removes them unless you are a business that sells clothing. You will have to go back or else you risk ruining the dress. And make sure you HAVE your receipt with you.

• 1 decade ago

I have had this happen before and didn't want to go back to the store. I got them off with needle nosed pliers and wire cutters. It's a bit hard to do but it can be done. Good Luck!

Source(s): :)
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I'm afraid you will have to make the drive. At best, if you can get it off, it will probably have a hole in it. At worst, it may have ink in it and ruin the dress.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You have to have the machine that they have at the store to remove it without damaging your clothing.

• 1 decade ago

If it is just an ordinary one use wire cutters. If it has ink put it in the freezer to freeze the ink before you open it.

Source(s): I used to manage a shoe store that got shipments with security tags and we didn't have removers.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

This is an interesting question, and one that has intrigued me for quite a long time.

• 1 decade ago

Hammer

• 1 decade ago

Cutters work for that, the electronic type, the are long enough to reach and some are strong enough to cut it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.