How could I wash blood on the shirt? hot water, cold water? any particular solution ?

Favorite Answer

Cold water . . . hot will set the stain. Try using an enzyme stain remover, if it's been dry for awhile (follow the instructions).

• Josie

How did you get blood on the shirt in the first place? Use cold water. let it soak for a bit before you wash it. Oxy clean does work pretty well.

cold water ALWAYS!!!!! hot water will make it set in the fabric! Try some tide after you get most of the blood out! or you can use some oxy clean and that will work! But make sure you get most of the blood out with the cold water first!

• tui

don't use hot water...hot water sets the stain in especially blood...Use cold water and a little soap. If the stain is still visible use a colour safe washing bleach like napisan or white king on a COLD wash

Hydrogen peroxide will remove blood from most any fabric. Pour some on the stain and let stand. Do not rub, let the peroxide do the work. And do not launder until the stain is gone, heat sets stains, whether in the wash water or in the dryer.

OxyClean works great on blood. Or you can use a little bit of your laundry detergent mixed with water about half and half. I use Arm & Hammer detergent and a little squirt bottle to work on most of my stains. If the blood stain is stubborn. Work the fabric against the fabric itself in water and that will help remove the stain. As long as you take care of and remove the stain before you put it in the dryer you are fine. If you put it in the dryer, the dryer will set the stain.

definitely use cold water as hot or warm water will only set the stain. Try an oxygen based cleaner or you can pick up a strong stain remover and apply it directly to the stain and let it sit. Good luck, I hope this helps.

I use hydrogen poroxide and let it work then rinse it out in hot and cold water and let it out to dry then i put resolve on before putting it in the wash I am a teenage girl and i do this on all of my underwear note do it when the stain is fresh or the proxcide won't work :)

It depends on the color of the shirt. A colored shirt can not be washed in real hot water. Blood is a protein so any protein remover will work.

Cold Water and there is some stain remover called Greased Lighting and you should be able to find this in any Wal-Mart SuperCenter, K-Mart, Fred's or Dollar General. This is some good stuff for any kind of stains....I use it and Mean Green all the time. AL~