My windows media player won't work....it won't play any of my c.ds?

When i put in my C.D...nothing happens and it says that there isn't a c.d in the c.d player....the windows media player can load up and everything....but it doesn't want to play any of my c.ds.....and i've tried re-downloading it..i've even added a newer version...but it won't work...it won't play my c.ds.....

Favorite Answer

i got ur point.. the procedure is as follows:

right click my computer ---> properties ---> hardware tab ---> device manager ---> dvd/cd-rom drives ---> right click ur cd drive ---> uninstall

after uninstallation,

right click my computer ---> properties ---> hardware tab ---> action menu ---> scan for hardware changes...

alternatively, u can restart your pc....

enjoyyyy!!!!!!!!

are your cds burned? or did you buy them. bc some of the blank cds out there are uncompatible with some media players. If that is not the case then you might have a problem with the hard drive itself. Can your hard drive read the cd? (just go to my computer and see if you can see the cd on one of your drives)

Try Winamp...sounds better too!

Source(s): winamp.com