Andy asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

If I squeeze my butt cheeks repeatedly during the day, will they get firm?

I've read about this in numerous 'office exercise' type articles. Does it work?

Favorite Answer

Yes! I do this every night 100 times before bed and I'm really seeing a difference in the tone and firmness of my butt!

• border

Squeezing Butt Cheeks

Yes it really works. Also if you have time in the day after work if you want to help your butt try squats like weight lifters do. If you don't have weights you can go to the cupboard and grab a couple of cans of fruit or vegetables. Start slow and do maybe 5 or 10 squats each time you do them. It's great for the legs too.

This is one good technique. Another with more quicker results would be to just raise on leg backwards while holding on to a pole or wall. These are called "kickbacks". Do a set of 10-15 repetitions for each buttock or glut. Alternate legs and do as many as many sets as you want or can handle. Take this exercise anywhere and watch those buns harden in afew days!

It does actually help firm up the glutes. However, do it until you can really feel it. Only a few aren't going to do much. A few other ideas: bridges (make sure you really squeeze your glutes to hold your hips up), lunges, plie (or sumo) squats, stair stepper machines, leg lifts, and rollerblading all work the glutes really well.

Source(s): Personal Trainer

Oddly enough, yes. Any time you use your muscles they will tone. Same goes for tightening your ab muscles. Don't expect a 6 pack or the super-butt, but you will see results after a while.

yep, it'll take quite a few reps, but it is a good at desk exercise. When you sit for a living, every little bit counts!

Any kind of exercise you will benefit from. It can never hurt

Yes they will. It's called isometric exercise.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/av1RY

I love them!