promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Andy asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

If I squeeze my butt cheeks repeatedly during the day, will they get firm?

I've read about this in numerous 'office exercise' type articles. Does it work?

27 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes! I do this every night 100 times before bed and I'm really seeing a difference in the tone and firmness of my butt!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • border
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Squeezing Butt Cheeks

• 1 decade ago

Yes it really works. Also if you have time in the day after work if you want to help your butt try squats like weight lifters do. If you don't have weights you can go to the cupboard and grab a couple of cans of fruit or vegetables. Start slow and do maybe 5 or 10 squats each time you do them. It's great for the legs too.

• 1 decade ago

This is one good technique. Another with more quicker results would be to just raise on leg backwards while holding on to a pole or wall. These are called "kickbacks". Do a set of 10-15 repetitions for each buttock or glut. Alternate legs and do as many as many sets as you want or can handle. Take this exercise anywhere and watch those buns harden in afew days!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It does actually help firm up the glutes. However, do it until you can really feel it. Only a few aren't going to do much. A few other ideas: bridges (make sure you really squeeze your glutes to hold your hips up), lunges, plie (or sumo) squats, stair stepper machines, leg lifts, and rollerblading all work the glutes really well.

Source(s): Personal Trainer
  • 1 decade ago

Oddly enough, yes. Any time you use your muscles they will tone. Same goes for tightening your ab muscles. Don't expect a 6 pack or the super-butt, but you will see results after a while.

• 1 decade ago

yep, it'll take quite a few reps, but it is a good at desk exercise. When you sit for a living, every little bit counts!

• 1 decade ago

Any kind of exercise you will benefit from. It can never hurt

• 1 decade ago

Yes they will. It's called isometric exercise.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/av1RY

I love them!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.