promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

money sent for wedding dress and rings-ended up not getting married-MONEY BACK??

i live in alabama and im in the army. i sent my ex-fiance money to buy a wedding dress and we ended up not getting married. also, i was wondering if i could eventually have the rings back being as we never got married.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It would be the proper thing to do for her to return the ring and money. You could ask, but there is no way you can make her do it. Besides, you do not want to sink as low as she has. You can walk out with your head up high, material things can always be replaced. Life always pays us back...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

It depends on what or who caused the cancellation. If you're in the clear, ask for your money back. If you get a big fat negative, file a small claims suit in her town. It costs on average 80.00 to file. In most states, if you win, they reimburse that cost. Otherwise, write it off as a lesson learned and press on. By the way, check with your post legal office for more expert advice on this. It's free and you'd be crazy not to ask them. Good luck.

Source(s): Many years in the military and the bridal industry.
  • 1 decade ago

Good luck fella....try asking her, but don't expect anything in return...and be nice to her, whether you want to or not.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

that would be VERY doubtful...sorry

THANK YOU for serving your country & sorry things didn't work out for your marriage.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

another sucker. your probably SOL sorry.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.