Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 1 decade ago

should I be alloewed to babysit for money?

I'm eleven when I was 8 my mom made me babysit for her and I had my little siblings in bed by 9 and I even cleaned the house should I be allowed to babysit.

Favorite Answer

yes you should because I'm ten and I do all the time!!!!

It really is up to your mom, but as long as you show the maturity she should consider it. Because of your age, in my oppinion, you might be able to babysit in a situation where there was an adult nearby (in-town and availible by phone) just in case of any problems. On the other hand, if I was a mother, I would not leave my child in the care of an 11 year old. To be honest, I would have a hard time leaving an 11 year old alone for more than a few hours at a time.

Try taking a babysitting course from the Red Cross, and maybe you could teem up with an older teenager. You would earn a little money for helping the babysitter. That would get you the contacts you will need for babysitting jobs in a few years. Kind of like an apprenticeship.

Wow, 8 is way too young to be home alone, and especially too young to be with other small children. I would say that now since you are 11 it's a little better, but I think that kids shouldn't be babysitting until they are at least 13. But, if you are babysitting, you should get paid for it.

I think you should be allowed to try in your own home that way if something comes up and you don't know what to do your mom will be able to help. If you really want to do this ask your mom to help you find a babysitting class, they sometimes teach them at YMCA. You might also look into learning CPR. It would give you a lot more reliability with perspective parents.

that depends on the age of the children ur babysitting, and what ur doing. if ur just gonna sit there while they sleep then its ok. if ur just gonna play with them for a little while and then put them to sleep its ok. but if u have to make dinner for them, its not. also, the kids cant be younger than like the age of 4 or 5. and not older than 8. cause then they pretty much have u as a friend, not a babysitter lol.

Absolutely. When my kids were small, I had the 10 year old neighbor girl babysit. She had 2 younger sisters and was like a little mother with them. She was a great babysitter. I guess it would depend upon the babysitter's experience. Go for it!!

You are old enough to babysit in your own home while another parent is with you. You are still too young to go off and sit with other children and no other adults around. I am not being mean, by the way.

• Pen

Do you want to babysit? It sounds like you weren't old enough to at the time. I would say 12 or 13 is a good time to take on that responsibility.

11 seems awfully young to be responsible for babysitting----8 is unbelieveable. But if you've really been doing it for 3 years, and you are responsible, I think you should be allowed. Of course, the parents of the children you would be caring for have to have full confidence in you. I wouldn't blame them for thinking you're a bit young, in spite of your experience with your siblings.

you should not have been left to babysit at 8 year old.an appropriate age is 14-15 .i have 3 grown up daughters and i would not let them babysit till they were 14.

It is nice to have your own money and in doing a job well done this payment is a reward for you being responsible. I know that at your age (11) I was earning my own money babysitting, mowing lawns,washing my mother's nursing uniform when she was tirered and delivering news papers with my brother. I think it's great that you want to help out and why not get paid for a job well done, GOOD LUCK!

Source(s): personal experience