Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

Who wants to start a United Caucasian College Fund?

There is a United ***** College Fund so why not

Favorite Answer

I'm Hispanic & agree with you 100%! We (minorities) are so quick to pull the discrimination card, but we ultimately make ourselves look like complete hypocrites!!!

There are just as many caucasions in dyer need of educational assistance as there is in any other group! We cannot assume that all caucasions were born & raised with a silver spoon in their mouth... anymore than we should assume minorities are all raised in poverty!!! What year is it anyway?

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): start united caucasian college fund: https://tr.im/1N3rf

Absolutely--someone should! I hate how everyone thinks that white people are rich, it's completely untrue! I'm white-I'm not rich, and it is not because my family doesn't work or anything. I come from a long line of nurses, military, educators--not exactly the way to get rich, but they are good people. I'm a waitress and a student in nursing school and some extra $$$ would sure help.

There are rich people of every culture...when I went to Las Vegas, the richest people there were the Asians, Spanish and Arabs (who spoke French by the way). They had the front row seats at the show, and the "french speaking arabs" bet $1000 on every bet they played on the Roulette table! They didn't play in the highroller section for some reason, but they probably blew $100,000 in just the times I was around them!

Instead of the UNCF or Hispanic scholarship programs, it should be based on financial need ALONE. That's the only fair way to distribute funds, and not play into stereotypes. It only breeds hate, and perpetuates anger and only serves to remind us of our differences, rather than our similairities.

Although I despise race-based scholarships of any kind (African-American, Asian-American, etc etc..), certainly I believe there needs to be a more level playing field; particularly when it comes to the Fed's giving tax exempt status 501(c)(3) to these race based funds. Hence, I plan to create my own Caucasian-American Scholarship (copy the format of the United ***** College Fund 501(c)(3), fund it, "write off" the taxes, and send my kid off to school at Uncle Sam's expense. Oh, Lord!; I'm sure I'll be audited this year. Comments please from IRS, lawyer, Accountant?

Any race based scholarship perpetuates stereotypes. Not all African Americans are poor and undereducated. Nor are all white people middle class and educated. Poor white people are very much at a disadvantage in higher education, when affirmative action is employed. Some African America scholars like John McWhorter are fighting to change this.

There is major need for one out there for Caucasians. Caucasians need help as much as any other race out there, I for sure wasn't born rich and have tons of money to blow.

I agree it's needed, there are many white people who need a college program to help them like that.

Hey that's a great idea, I wish some had thought of it when my kids were going to college.

Absolutely! There are scholarship programs for every race and minority type out there. There should be a scholarship program for Adult White Males from middle income families!

I'm with you! Why are whites the only ones not getting any help with college?