smutulator asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

I have a job where i'm on my feet all day. How can I keep my feet from stinking when I get home?

Favorite Answer

soak in warm water with salt.

This worked for me: Wear cotton socks and don't wear the same pair of shoes two days in a row. When you get home take off your shoes and remove the insoles. Let those shoes air out for a full day. If your shoes stink when you go back to put them on then it's time for a new pair. You've funked those beyone repair. Once you start fresh with a couple pairs of clean shoes and alternate them every other day the problem should go away. The problem isn't sweat so much as it's that the shoes and insoles never get to completely dry out. I did this and my foot oder problme went away immediately. Before that I tried every spray, power, and special insole from the drug store. I even scrubbed my feet real good in the shower. None of that worked.

There are now socks that kill bacteria. The label says that it's to help keep your feet from stinking, but think about it -- by the time your feet start to smell, the rest of your body is going to be pretty rank too. So what are you going to do, wear an anti-bacterial ensemble, selected from your lysol-treated wardrobe? You know, life is sometimes stinky, and there's not really anything you can do about that.

I have also heard that you can take alfalfa tablets to help the stinky feet...Good luck!

take a change of socks with you.. use dr scholls medicated powder on your feet before you put on your shoes and socks in the morning and also mid day when you change your socks. this should keep your shoes and feet from stinking. then when you get home simple soap and water will do.

Wear a good pair of socks that will soak up sweat and try putting some foot powder in your foot wear, that should do it, and take off your shoes soon as you get home. If you have to put shoes on again at home use another pair

Powder is a good idea but use Gold Bond not baby powder. Baby powder has perfumes. Change your socks at lunch and make sure you always have clean dry socks available to change into.

Go to any spa/salon and look for Gehwol products. They have great sprays you use to deodorize and keep your feet cool. The also have powders and creams.

Extra socks at work, baby powder, insoles, my uncle swore by spray anti-perspirent on his feet, peppermint spray (from the body shop)

• K

Change your socks at lunch time. When you get home, take a shower. Easy Peezy huh??

• ?

put cornstarch in your shoes. Use odor eaters insoles. Put baby powder in your shoes. That's just a few.