Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

what should i do? i see double sometimes but my parents wont get me glasses they think i am lying to them?

Favorite Answer

Go see a optometrist first. Seeing double may not necessarily mean you need glasses (but you should get them if your vision is less than 20/20). But check the condition first.

My parents thought the same of me when i was a kid. One thing you can do is go to your school nurse and talk to her, if you're still in school. If not, sit them down and be totally honest with them and ask for a Dr. appointment. It wouldn't hurt to have a professional look at them to see what is actually happening. When my parents finally had my eyes checked they really felt bad for not believing me.

Glasses will not help seeing double. It is possible you have something else going on to cause this.

• ruthie

To me it sounds more like a medical problem. I would tell them that you need to go to the doctor then the medical doctor can examine you and advise them as to what needs to be done. You might have bumped your head and don't remember it.

Go to your school nurse .. she can give you basic eye exam. then send a note to your parents that you need glasses

Explain your parents you need to see a doctor.

• cam

Talk to another family member or family friend or even your school councilor, maybe they can help you and talk to your partents. There is also a school nurse that can check your vision.

Start spilling stuff at the dinner table and walking into walls.

get an f in language arts in school and then wen they ask y say "i cant read how am i supposed 2 pass l.a."?

take the bus