What foods fill you up?

I hate having my stomach growl in school. Are there any foods that keep my hunger away longer?

any healthy foods i can eat for breakfast?

nothing too complex because my digestive system is all ekfjhsdjkfh. i might have ibs.

BREAKFAST FOODS

:)

Favorite Answer

fibres are great. eat n apple n drink a glass of water. this will make the fibres expand and fill ur belly. oats are good. so is whole wheat bread, whole wheat pasta. dont eat rice coz they are easy to digest. u'll fill full for a while but then get hungry later. the idea is to eat foods with complex carbs or proteins and fibres.

• Patty

I do have IBS,and everything I eat seems to bother my stomach.But each person is different.What bothers me may not necessarily bother your stomach.For breakfast,I either have a bowl of Shredded Wheat Bran,or a cup of hot cocoa with an english muffin or toast.I know how you feel with the growling stomach. I feel hungry a lot,but I never stuff myself when I eat,because I know what the consequences will be.If you actually do have IBS,there really isn't much you can do. You could try eating more often,but just eat less at a time.That is what I do.It doesn't always keep the hunger pangs at bay,but it does make it feel better than the feeling of starving.

Whole Grain Oats.

Put 1/2 cup in a microwave safe bowl with equal amount of water. Microwave 1-2 minutes (depending on how powerful your microwave is). I chop up 1/2 apple and add raw almond slices, cinnamon or honey and splenda.

I also have scrambled eggs with either salsa or cheese for my protein.

Or

A protein shake. In the blender.

1/2 milk (I use vanilla soymilk) 1-2 scoops vanilla protein powder, 1/2 banana, (I precut and freeze them). and some ice cubes. Blend well. (This is a great quick meal replacement)

Both of these will keep you full. Oatmeal is great because it takes awhile to digest.

Whole Gains and high fiber foods, like whole grain breads, pastas, oatmeal ,cream of wheat or grits. Starches ( like potatoes) will even fill you up fast, but do not usually stick with you throughout the day - they start turning to sugar within an hour of eating them. Peanutbutter is usually good and good for you too.

Watermelon

Brown rice. Hummus with black olives on crackers. Or a banana walnut muffin. A cup of vanilla yogurt with some wheat germ. One of those things with a bottle of water should do the trick!

Oatmeal (cooked on the stove, none of those packets) One cup of water with 1/2 cup oats. A handful of brown sugar. Pour (soy)milk on top. Add a handful of nuts if you really want more calories.

Pizza

• shrimo key lime pie cheeseburger fries sald with sunflower seeds and ham steak rice corn pancakes waffles french toast peaunt butter and jelly sauages omletes has browns strawberries cherries oranges apples watermelons

Get your metabolism checked. Starches will keep you going for a few hours.