promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How are contact lenses like?

im getting them tomorrow and im nervous. How do they feel when you put them on? Do they hurt?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Contact lenses aren't that bad. When you first put them in it could take as long as an hour to put them in the first time but after that it doesn't take that long. When you first put them in it feels like you have something in your eye but you get use to it. Try not to rub your eye because when you rub it the contact comes out and don't blink on the side of your eye because that is one way of loosing your contact. don't forget to replace your contacts every month and also put the lubicating eye drops in your eyes that way the contacts feel more comfortable throughout your day. Also don't fallasleep with your contacts in because when you try to get them out the next morning you ould screatch your eye ball. Overall contacts are wonderfull. Always have a backup pair with you because you may loose one contact but not the other contact. Start with the regular contacts then maybe gradually move to the color contacts. So good luck.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

They're hard to put on the first time, but that's usually because you're nervous. Once they're in you can't feel them. Just always wash your hands before you put them in. Once I forgot to and I had been handling hot peppers...that hurt like you would not believe. Keep them clean. Get the 2-week disposables. You can wear them more than 2 weeks but throw them away when they get uncomfortable.

• 1 decade ago

I was really nervous too, it took my three tries to finally get contacts (The third time because i switched doctors.) Don't get frustrated if they won't go in on the first try. When you first get them it can take up to twenty tries to get them in. After you've done it once it is much easier the second time around. Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

Its gonna take a few days to get used to. It took me about 50 minutes till i finally got them on for the first try. After then, you start to develop your own methods of putting em in and out. Trust me, go for it. So much better than having glasses sit on you face all day long.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You will love them as long as you put them in and take them out when you are suppose to. Keep them clean and always wash your hands first.

• it may sting at first for like 10 seconds but other than that after you get used to them they are just like you have nothing there. i just got mine last month and i love them. just make sure you are comfortable touching your eyes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.