what is the best way to request a gift for a birthday party?
- mitchLv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
1. Not proper etiquette to ask for a gift.
2. It is unspokenly understood by everyone, that if they are invited to your birthday party, they will bring a gift.
- 1 decade ago
There is NEVER a way to request a gift without being tacky. Their presence is considered gift enough but most people also understand that it's considered impolite to show up at someone's party empty handed.
- jobugLv 41 decade ago
I don't think you should ever request a gift. Some people really get offended about stuff like that.
- NLv 61 decade ago
You shouldn't. It's rude. You should never expect a gift from people, but be grateful when they give it to you.
Now, that's the stock etiquette answer. There's not really a polite way to request a gift for yourself unless someone asks specifically what you want for your birthday.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- sheenyLv 61 decade ago
That would be tacky. You can request that no gift is requested. But to tell guests what to bring is tacky.
- LAUGHING MAGPIELv 61 decade ago
Never a good idea, really. People gift their friends out of their feelings for them and their ability to afford it.
- OffkeyLv 71 decade ago
That's SO cheap! Why do you want to ASK for a gift?
- Winters childLv 61 decade ago
dont be a beggar...just buy your own gift.....and, accept what people give you..
- 1 decade ago
some scan pple write "dont come w. out a gift" on their invations
- Anonymous1 decade ago
NO best way. Don't.