Any good wedding advice or tips? What about good wedding websites?

• Ecaria
    Favorite Answer

Here's a few tips from my experience:

Relax...the wedding is not the main thing, the marriage is. I know people who had aweful things happen at their wedding who have had long and loving marriages. Your wedding will probably go fine, but even if it doesn't, thats ok. And if you have a sense of humor about stuff its more likely to turn little mishaps into blessings.

Plan some time, at least 10 minutes I'd say, where you and your husband can be alone after the ceremony, before getting whisked away to the reception. You'll need that time just to let everything sink in. We had about 30 seconds...un-planned...and I wished we had more. Even those 30 seconds were golden. We hardly got to see each other at the reception.

The best advice I've given to the brides and grooms that I've helped.... Remember this is your day, not your friends, not your relatives but yours. Keep calm, remember to be a team, and do not let the little things that might upset you come between you. If you can communicate through planning a wedding ceremony then you have a great start to a marriage. HAVE FUN with the planning most important tip.

As far as looking for vendors and other things associated with a wedding, network with other newly married couples and get their input. They have just went through the experience and the events are still freshly on their mind.

Best of luck to you!

Source(s): Myself - Former Event Planner and now I'm a Wedding Officiant. Weddings For All www.weddingsforall.com

The knot.com, like the other lady said is a good one. Also try: WeddingChannel.com and Brides.com They're all very good, although when I went to weddingchannel.com to change my wedding date, the website wouldn't let me do it. So be a little mindfull of trying to change your account info on that one. Hope this helps too. Congrats & Good Luck!!!

Martha stewart weddings has tons of ideas. Get the magazine or go to marthastewart.com and go to the weddings section.

be calm near the end (if it's possible) my friends just got married they are the most wonderful couple,but they got in some issues right before the wedding. remember why you love eachother.

The Knot http://www.theknot.com

Aphrodite's Creations http://www.aphrodites-creations.com

Good luck!

• Jason