Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

why can christians not read "BIBLE" on the front cover and on the first page of the bible?

...but they can read things like : rapture, free will and trinity in the bible which are not there. Geez, I am glad I am an anarchist, hedonist, Satanist.

Favorite Answer

They just love to play smart with their ignorance.

Hmmmm... and just where did you find Christians that could not find "Bible"?...

or those that could find things like rapture and trinity?

and actually "free will" is in the Bible.. just not as it is normally used...

Many of these terms are used to describe what people have heard or learned from the scriptures and are not themselves used in the scriptures.

Ive read the Bible cover to cover 12 times FYI and I happen to know that a word does not have to be written out for the definition to be there. This applies in EVERY form of writing and no one has a problem with it. People will find any excuse they can to not read the Bible... they're affraid of what they'll learn.

I can assemble the scripture for your to show that though the Bible nowhere uses the term "trinitas", it most definitely refers to Jesus, God the Father and the Holy Spirit all as god. Certainly a triune godhead is irrational, but not extra-biblical. Trinity is just the theological term used to describe the triple godhead, which is still polytheism however the bishops strained over homo and homoi ousias to make it appear montheistic.Straining at gnats and swallowing camels.

But Gosh. Let me think. Which is less stupid? Believing thin notions like dispensationalism, woven from whole cloth by people who believe in imaginary gods and devils, or worshipping one of their imaginary devils?

Sorry. The irony of your critique, lost on you it seems, is nonetheless elephantine to me.

Geez, your taking the Bible more seriously then fundamental Christians do. Get off it Atheist, you made your point, which wasn't a good one to begin with.

""Geez, I am glad I am an anarchist, hedonist, Satanist.""

You left out Picayune Time Waster!

1st if you are who you say you are why are you having a problem with how Chrisitans feel about the Holy Bible - it is hagion biblos or Holy Books

2ndly know that your belief system is faulty. Has no logic and no soundness to it, it is based on self turned in on itself, where you are your own little god.

3rdly God loves you inspite of how you feel about His Word, He made the way possible for you to live the life He created you for and you have to go to him and meet the conditions that He has set in order for you to enjoy that life - that is to confess your sins and repent and ask for the forgiveness of sins and ask him to enter your heart to believe wholeheartedly that he has the power to save you the will to save and the desire to save you and its yours for the asking all you have to do is come to him completely by faith in His Son Jesus Christ who died for you and took your place in order that you might take his!

Those concepts are in there but the Bible is written in parables. A Daniel you are not.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions that hedonists are very poorly educated ....

Learn English if you plan to communicate on these forum, Pal.

Otherwise get lost...

Mine doesn't say Bible on the front cover - it says Holy Bible (and I can read it just fine, thank you).