Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

39 wks and nipple leaking veryyyyyyy bad?

sorry about this question but my left breast is leaking verrrrrrrrry bad its almost filling a breast pad and my nipple is hurting sooo bad. what can i do to make it stop hurting so bad and why would it be leaking that bad?? i mean its really bad

Favorite Answer

Well at least you wont have to wait for your milk supply to come in on the positive side. Your probably going to have your baby soon have you had labor pains?

I would try soaking in a warm bath! Try not to poke at them or anything or let anyone else.

• Pinkie

Your body gets ready in it's own way. If you plan on breastfeeding, I would go ahead and break out the pump. As an added benefit, this can sometimes stimulate you to go into labor! Your body starts producing oxytocin, which causes contractions. At the hospital, they give you pitocin whch is an artificial form of oxytocin to stimulate labor!Don't sweat it, if you are not planning on breastfeeding, then you can try direct pressure on the nipple with the palm of the opposite hand, this helped me stop the leaking, and keep the pads changed regularly. If you are having stinging pain, try lanolin, if it is the whole breast, you need to ask your doctor!

Source(s): mommy of 2, one breastfed, one refused!!

ask the doctors what to take for the pain - I had the same problem. Use men's handkerchiefs - white- folded up to resemble breast pads. Then you can easily change them out with dry ones when you feel them wet. It will stop, but if you are leaking, be prepared for them to leak A LOT when after the baby is born too. I had to continue to use them after my children were born. If you are like me then you will have no problem nursing or even expressing milk. your supply should be abundant.

So yea, I would call the doctor and have it checked out and all that, but I do have a trick for the excess leakage that will help in the mean time. Get yourself a bunch of maxi pads, and use those instead of the breast pad. Just stick em on the inside of your bra and there you go, they are very absorbent! And much easier to use because you don't have to change them so much, you don't have to wash them etc etc.

Source(s): Heavy milk producer :)

An old thing that my grandma made me do is put a cabbage leave on my breast and it helped with the pain. Some women produce alot of milk like that and also make sure no one is touching them because that will make them leak more too.

Sounds like your body is just getting ready. Keep an eye on your pads and change them if they get too wet.

When you say the nipple is hurting, can you describe it? Aching? Stabbing pain? Constant or it comes and goes? Tingling? Being more specific may help us give better answers.

this just means you'll have lots of milk for when baby comes..... it will stop hurting once you can relieve some of the pressure.... but expressing while pregnant is not reccommended as it can bring on strong sudden labor......

you just have to be patient a little bit longer... i'm sorry it hurts... change your breast pad more often.... apply some A&D ointment to your nipple.....

Source(s): breastfed three hungry kids .....

your just about ready to have your little one. your body is anticipating the young baby and is getting ready for him/ her. don't know what to tell you about the pain, best thing is to call your doctor. try a breast pump. your breast is probably engorged and needs some relief from all the milk it's producing. good luck

yeah this happenes during preg other then pushing it to make it stop and the breast pad there really isn't anything you can do. you will be have that baby in a week or less. good luck and congrats.

Get you a breast pump and pump both your breasts ....that should ease the pain.cause its what you call gorged. Which means when its full it will hurt. I breastfed my child and my breast did that too at the end of a pregnancy....so I know that from experience ...it really works...