Has anyone on here drank castor oil in order to induce labor?

Does it really work?

Favorite Answer

From what I understand it works. However, if you want to poop yourself to death go right ahead. I suggest you have sex, walk, whatever. Please don't do the castor oil thing.

I did it before I became an RN, and now I would never recommend it. I did NOT induce my labor - however it made me sicker than a dog. Don't drink it, it will put more stress on the baby and labor will be more difficult if it DOES induce you, which that's not a guarantee. Let it work on it's own time.... You don't want to induce labor before your baby's ready.... And he/she will come when it's time....

yes I tried it, and NO it did not work. I have never gotten the memory of that awful taste out of my mind or mouth either!!! DO NOT DO IT!!!! My dr suggested intercourse, because the male sperm carries pitocin which is used to induce labor, that actually worked...within three hours I was in hard labor and on my way to the hospital.

Source(s): Mom of 2 boys

castor oil works as a laxative in the upper gi tract, so the contrations it causes there can induce labor, i wouldnt suggest trying it without consulting your obgyn, but it can work

My girlfriend had her daughter drink it so she would have the baby while she was visiting her out of state Yes it did work,that day she went into labor and had a baby boy this was just a few months ago.

• baus

I did it before I grew to develop into an RN, and now i ought to no longer in any appreciate recommend it. i did not deliver forth my hard work - regardless of the straightforward shown reality that it made me sicker than a dogs. do no longer drink it, it is going to placed more effective useful rigidity on the toddler and hard work will be more effective sturdy if it DOES deliver forth you, which it really is not any more a assure. enable it artwork in it really is amazingly own time.... you do not %. to deliver forth hard work before your toddler's waiting.... And he/she will be able to go back even as that is time....

People ask this atleast three times a day.

I dont believe it does. It can result in dehydration and a sour stomach.

Try using your breast pump for a couple hours, it works quite well.

i dont know bout castor oil..but i tried mineral oil and ginger and it worked but the pains it gives you are the worse ever..

YES IT REALLY WORKS I TOOK 1 TSP SPOON AND 10 HRS LATTER I GAVE BIRTH TO A HEALTHY BABY GIRL . IT IS NOT THE BEST TASTING IN THE WORLD BUT IT DOE,S WORK

DON'T DO IT i heard nothing but problems it just makes you run to the bathroom every minute it does nothing but wear you out