Anyone know of any famous people from Delaware?
- JBLv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
* Actor Tom Welling who plays Clark Kent on Smallville spent his adolescent years in Hockessin.
* Actress Teri Polo (Meet the Parents, Aspen Extreme, The Arrival) grew up in Dover.
* The late actor Robert Mitchum spent some of his childhood in the small, central Delaware town of Felton.
* Broadway actress Diane Fratantoni is a graduate of St. Mark's. Her Broadway credits include Cats and A Chorus Line.
* I haven't been able to locate many details about One Day at a Time star, Valerie Bertinelli's life in Delaware, but I do know that she was born in Wilmington in 1960.
* Actresses Estelle Taylor and Elisabeth Shue were born in Delaware, and so were actors Ryan Phillippe (Cruel Intentions), Sean Patrick Thomas (Save the Last Dance) and Judge Reinhold.
* Born and raised in Wilmington, songwriter and singer Johnny Neel, is probably best known for his career with the Allman Brothers.
* Bob Marley spent a few years in Wilmington in the mid-1960s.
* Erin Murphy-Eden, most well-known as Tabitha, the role she played on the television series Bewitched, lives in northern Delaware with her musician husband and three children.
* The late Cab Calloway lived in various parts of the country, but he spent the latter part of his life in Hockessin. Wilmington's Cab Calloway School of the Arts is named in honor of this jazz legend.
* Musician George Thorogood was born in Wilmington on February 24, 1950. His band, the Delaware Destroyers, was formed in the early seventies.
- SusanLv 44 years ago
Valerie Bertinelli actress, Wilmington Robert Montgomery Bird playwright, author, New Castle Henry S. Canby editor, author, Seidel Annie Jump Cannon astronomer, Dover Felix Darley artist, Claymont E. I. du Pont industrialist, Wilmington Henry Heimlich surgeon, inventor, Wilmington Wilham Julius Johnson basketball player, Wilmington Howard Pyle artist, author, Wilmington John Phillips author, Wilmington George Read jurist, signer of Declaration of Independence, New Castle Caesar Rodney patriot, signer of Declaration of Independence, Dover