Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Why do some people cry about second-hand smoke?

For instance a lady will walk by a person smoking for three second, but they will sit in 8:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M. rush hour traffic for hours a week without crying. The sky isn't even blue anymore but an ashy gray. But they will keep chugging along in their little car thinking they are not the problem, it's the other guy smoking a cigarette. I think it's about money. They don't want to pay more at the markets who ship their goods on a smog spouting semi or buy an electric car.

Favorite Answer

The same reason that they got beat up in highschool..... wussies.

No it's none of the above you people that smoke STINK and I guess either don't care or like it. For us that don't smoke well crazy thing...we bathe and don't like to stink. Ya'lls breath, cloths etc stink what can we say. We're not the dumb ones ya'll pay almost $5 a pack. Good thinking :)

Because they think it will probably kill them. It is about money as you say. Health department all over the world are making it sin and wont treat people who smoke even if they only have a broken bone.

I am allergic to cigarette smoke and smoke from wood stoves too. So put out your ciggie for me please. And I don't live in an area with lots of smog or I would move.

You are so right. People should complain to those they "live" with who are blowing smoke in their face, not the occasional passerby in the street or at an outdoor cafe who is smoking. If they don't like it then they should step away from the person smoking.

Yeah I find that annoying also, what business is it of theirs anyway? I'm sure there are quite a few things that could be spotted withing five seconds of knowing just about anyone that show the unhealthy life style they live. Do these same people go around annoying nail biters? Do they search for crack addicts? Doubt it...

second-hand smoke has been shown to be quite harmful to non-smokers. why should WE get emphysema for YOUR NASTY HABIT??? does that sound fair. How would YOU Like it if the person who walked by you slept with an AIDS infected person yet YOU got AIDS, and NOT the person who did the deed? does that sound fair to you???

because i have asthma because of second hand smoke and it gives me asthma attacks...how great would that feel to you to give me an asthma attack because you insist on smoking in public and then i died....think about it

it is just as cancer causing as first hand smoke, and some of us wouldn't like to die of someone elses bad habits

gee... maybe it's about breathing in the toxic carcinogens... do you think?