promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why are my toes red and puffy?

I have ingrown toenails and they have become worse. The sides of my toes are red, puffy and bleed after a long shift at work.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It sounds as if your ingrown nails have become infected, especially if your toes are hot to the touch. You could try soaking them in a solution of warm water and epsom salt. You also need to consult your Doc to possibly go see a Podiatrist. Hope it gets better soon :D

Source(s): Paramedic
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • junkee
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

They are swollen. Cut down on your salt intake and be conscious of the sodium content in the foods you eat because they are causing you to retain water and make your feet swell.

• 1 decade ago

Ouch, I sure hope they are not infected. That is what it sounds like. Soak them in warm epsom salt bath for a while. That should help.

• 1 decade ago

Sounds like a problem. Go to a doctor and get them taken care of, they are definately getting worse.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

EWWW!!! stick ya feet in a a hot thing of water... and let it sit there for 1 or 2 hours..

• Anna Z
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

you need to get to the doctor it sounds like they are infected, until you can get in soak them in some Epsom salt and keep them elevated. good luck

• 1 decade ago

They are getting infected. See a foot doctor.

• 1 decade ago

because you don't clean yourtoes and you don't take a shower everyday but you are just like me.

• 1 decade ago

eew.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.