X asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 decade ago

Has anyone ver heard of a Fire Ant Extinguisher" from Hyponex?

I bought this years ago, it is in a tall (18 inches) red box. Works like a charm. Is called Fire Any Extinguisher. The pesticide is in a pressurized cannister. You hook up a flexible tube with a metal prod (maybe a foot long) to it. Spray and stick the tube into the ground and it wipes out the whole mound in an hour or two. It is almost out and I have searched everywhere but can't find it on line, in stores, etc. Anyone have any ideas?

Favorite Answer

It WAS a great product but unfortunately it contained a chemical ..brand name "dursban" that was discontinued a few years ago...

Hyponex

A Yahoo search for "fire ant eradication" (include the quotation marks in the search box) yields 580 results. If you do the same search, and are willing to spend a little time exploring, I'm sure that you will quickly find the information you seek.

Good luck with your search.

I found the product that works! It's called "Over and Out" and you sprinkle your entire lawn once a year...that's it. We have not had any mounds all year!

i use the amdro products now and they work pretty good. the ortho isn't bad either - it's just that it smells like rotten cabbage for a couple days!