What is going on with my breasts?

Let me apologize in advance for being so graphic! LOL I have noticed that my nipples have something white and hard in them. I am 17 weeks pregnant, so is this related?? Looking for somebody who has had this before and can shed some light! Thanks.

Favorite Answer

I was 5 months when my boobs started leaking a little and oh does it suck. Its normal but dont sqeeze your boobs! This will only make it worse! The stuff you see is just prob. where it started leaking and it dryed so its kind of like little crusty white hard things. Just wash them really good in the shower. It doesnt get any better tho. they start to leak more has you get futher along. I know lol. When you get futher you just might wake up from sleeping and find a little wett spot on your shirt.

Source(s): 33 wks preg

yup.. its very normal for this to happen. Over the next couple of months, it will leak more and more.. you might have to use breast pads so you don't leak through your clothing. Don't be alarmed if the liquid or crusty substance is a bit yellow. Your body is producing colostrum in preparation for breast feeding.

It's normal there are gonna be allot of changes in your body not only with you breast. If this becomes pain full then I would have your OB check it out, and on your next visit you may mention it too him/her just to put your self at ease! Well good luck and Congratulations!

Colostrum......what your body produces before your milk. Always check with your doc though.

• CMA

YEP HAPPEND TO ME AND I WAS ABOUT 20 WEEKS DOCTOR SAID IT WAS "FIRST MILK" GOOD LUCK WITH THE LITTLE ONE!!

wouldint no im a guy go c a doctor