mickey
mickey asked in Social ScienceSociology · 1 decade ago

what is the best paying social work job in what field?

I am going into social work in the hospice field does that pay good? I live in Michigan

Favorite Answer

Many social work professions usually do not start of paying well. They start maybe around 24K to 30K. You have to work for many years so you can move up in position.

When I took a social work class my professor told us we should not major in this field for the money because there will be none.

It's still a noble profession. Good luck.

Social work is a very low paying field- - - as are all careers in the human services field. Regardless of what state you work in you can expect to be Low Middle class to Middle Class pay range. I would guess probably no more than 25K to 30K per year.

talk to Social Workers that currently work in hospice. also, check out your local nasw chapter. the link is below. generally, you can make a decent living in this field....depending on what you do and where you work (ie: non-profit, profit, county, state). if you're licensed and have your own private practice, you can make a very good living. most of my colleagues make at least $50-$65K/yr.

congratulations! this field is very rewarding! you'll meet passionate people with good hearts. what more could you ask for?

Why are you worried about pay when going for a social work position?