promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Isn't it ironic that Animal Planet was able to put together a Steve Irwin montage so quickly...?

...it seems as though they were prepared for something like this.

It is a very sad day for his family. I can't bring myself to tell my daughter what happened. She has been watching him all afternoon and even said he was her "favorite".

I, on the other hand, feel bad. I used to jokingly cheer for the wild animals against him. (His bravado, I often found annoying.)I would say things like, "Just bite him, already!" So, this morning when I read the headlines, I really felt bad about all I had said in jest.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I doubt it would take long to put something together. This happens frequently whenever someone famous dies, such as an actor or president. It is a sad day indeed, but no need to feel bad. I'm sure your joking was in good fun. Irwin died doing what he loved...not many of us can do that.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hey many of us would feel regret, i am sure we hav all said .. Crikey or someting rude in jest,

I know hey, i had to tell my little cousins , with there mum.. and it was hard, we just told them that he had died in the water because he got stung, and that his little daughter bindi would be very upset and its ok for them to be upset , we also told them that steve was up in heaven with all the animals looking after them like he did on earth, they understand but they are upset.. :(

• 1 decade ago

It's not that quick actually, right now in Queensland it's about 10:34 am, Tuesday. That means it´s passed almost 24 hours since Steve's passing.

• 1 decade ago

To me its ironic. Think about it of all the things a sting ray. But in a way you do feel kind of bad, b/c if u think about it who would be the next idiot to risk his like with wild animals. i dont think anyone any time soon.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no, its not ironic at all.

i'm betting that a lot of staff put in a lot of time preparing it.

you make it sound like Animal Planet was behind the whole sting ray thing.

what were they supposed to do? wait a year to put something together?

sheesh.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

When someone is a celebrity, the networks (channels) all have footage "in the can," so to speak, so that in the event of the indiviudal's sudden demise, they can air a segment on that person. It is not at all unusual.

• A
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I dont think that Animal Planet should have done that so early. It is a little bit uncomforting to think he just died and then he 's on tv.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well, I don't think AP made a electric water resistant stingray with real poison. I think they probably had a lot of his footage around

• 1 decade ago

i kno me too i said the same thing when i found out i felt bad bout it i culdnt belive it

• 1 decade ago

Well,I didn't sse the montage,but i guess it is rather ironic isn't it?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.