Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 decade ago

What country/ies has/ve the worst punishment for stealing?

Like the whole person's family gets killed or what?

Come on peoples, that whole thing about getting a person's hands cut off sounds bogus. I mean a person can really get a hand cutt of 4 reals?!

• Gypsy
    Favorite Answer

dont know maybe India.

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=189...

This says that the first time they are caught stealing, their right arm is cut off. Second time, their left foot is amputated. The third time, they are imprisoned until they repent, but nothing else is amputated. This is an Islamic law, so it would happen in whatever country has an Islamic government. It used to happen in Iraq before the Taliban was removed. It happens in Afghanistan and Iran. I'd rather not have my arm cut off, but there's probably a country that kills people for stealing.

I believe most Middle Eastern countries share the eye for an eye mentallity. They literally will cut off peoples hands in some places.

Middle Eastern countries have the harshest punishment. They cut off the hand that stole the goods. Also, they are not permitted to eat with the hand in which they use to do the paperwork whilst in the toilet - so they die.

Turkey isn't a very nice place for a theif to live. When I lived over there if you got caught doing anything you were in really big trouble. I Don't know the exact punishment for the crimes over there but it's not good,

Dirtdoc is right. I think the middle eastern countries where they practice shayariah law have the most brutal punishments for stealing. Brutal mate.

russia

Eritrea, Africa.