More about the theft of my email account?

When I viewed my old profile it now says "http://www.crack-dealerz.net" I went and looked it up and they are a hackers website. When I did a Yahoo profile search I can see they have stolen many email addresses. I reported them to Yahoo AGAIN but probably won't get any more response. Is there somewhere else I can report them? Any tips? It would be nice to shut them down, but how? Yep, I changed the passwords on my other accounts to complicated #s and werds. TIA

Favorite Answer

Melanie, I couldn't log in to mine yesterday and have not heard back from Yahoo. After I read your question I looked at my profile andlo and behold, same site. Could yahoo help you at all? I emailed them and have not heard back yet.

Federal Trade Commission and Identity Theft Data Clearinghouse

If you think your identity has been stolen, here's what to do:

1. Contact the fraud departments of any one of the three consumer reporting companies to place a fraud alert on your credit report. The fraud alert tells creditors to contact you before opening any new accounts or making any changes to your existing accounts. You only need to contact one of the three companies to place an alert. The company you call is required to contact the other two, which will place an alert on their versions of your report, too. Once you place the fraud alert in your file, you're entitled to order free copies of your credit reports, and, if you ask, only the last four digits of your Social Security number will appear on your credit reports.

2. Close the accounts that you know or believe have been tampered with or opened fraudulently. Use the ID Theft Affidavit (PDF, 56 KB) when disputing new unauthorized accounts.

3. File a report with your local police or the police in the community where the identity theft took place. Get a copy of the report or at the very least, the number of the report, to submit to your creditors and others that may require proof of the crime.

4. File your complaint with the FTC. The FTC maintains a database of identity theft cases used by law enforcement agencies for investigations. Filing a complaint also helps us learn more about identity theft and the problems victims are having so that we can better assist you.

View or print an easy-to-follow brochure on how to Deter, Detect, and Defend against identity theft. For more in-depth information on recovering from identity theft and help with specific problems, read Take Charge: Fighting Back Against Identity Theft.

Investigations

Do you need more information for your identity theft investigation?

• Use the Identity Theft Data Clearinghouse, a national identity theft victim complaint database containing more than 815,000 complaints, to search for identity theft victim and/or suspect information across the country. Please note: The FTC does not have any criminal investigation authority with respect to identity theft. Check out Resources to find other agencies that do.

• If you already are a member, search the Clearinghouse now for other complaints that may be related to your case, or get help from FTC staff by using our Hot Search feature. Just email us at idtsearch@ftc.gov for assistance.

• You can get a victim’s identity theft-related transaction records from creditors without first obtaining a subpoena, if you have authorization from the victim. This right was created by 2003 amendments to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, section 609(e) http://www.consumer.gov/idtheft/pdf/id_fair_credit...

In order to request 609(e) documents, your request to the company must:

be in writing

show authorization from the victim

be sent to an address specified by the business, if any, and

allow the business 30 days to respond.

If a creditor refuses your request for records under section 609(e), please email the FTC at 609eRecords@ftc.gov. Please include detailed information about the 609(e) request, if possible.

While the FTC does not resolve individual disputes, your communication may help us spot a pattern of law violations requiring law enforcement action. Businesses can learn more about their responsibilities under section 609(e) by reading "Businesses Must Provide Victims and Law Enforcement with Transaction Records Relating to Identity Theft" www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/business/idtheft/bus66.pdf

Do you want to save time in your investigation?

Use the Clearinghouse Alert feature to coordinate with other law enforcement agencies who may be investigating the same suspect from other jurisdictions.

Use Auto Query so you can receive automatic notifications of new complaints about your target address and eliminate the need for repeat searches.

Use the Clearinghouse to find law enforcement contacts to aid in your investigation.

How can I sign up for the Clearinghouse and what does it cost?

Contact us at sentinel@ftc.gov or 1-877-701-9595 for more information on signing up or visit our website at www.ftc.gov/sentinel.

Access to the Clearinghouse is free, although, your department will have to sign a confidentiality agreement first.

Are they terrorist? Shall I blast them with bomb?

Source(s): I am a genius, protecting world from terror.