Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Can we get off the steve irwin kick already?

I always thought that guy was a bit crazy. Putting your life in danger to show wild animals and showing off for TV ratings. Like the time he was handling a crocodile while holding his baby. Plus, him AND his wife went on missions together not caring about who would raise their children if they die. It was inevitable that he would die this way. By some wild animal whose private space he was invading. I just thought a crock would kill him...No amount of money, adrenaline, or fame is worth my life. It's obvious these animals meant more to him then the well being of his family.

Dollbaby, I don't give a rats a$$ if he was an australian, united states citizen or a buddhist priest. The man did deserve to die. If you run around screwing with wild animals in their natural habit you are asking for it. NO him and his wife didn't care about their family, because if they did they BOTH wouldn't go on these stupid missions together. It could have been worse because their children could have lost both their parents... As far as the stunt being setup up with him and his baby. His kid could have died THAT DAY. You can't plan what WILD animals will and won't do. So dollbaby screw you. NO ANIMAL RESEARCH IS WORTH MY FAMILY BEING LEFT ALONE TO MOURN MY DEATH!!!

Again dollbaby, he already let harm come to his children...You don't think they hurt from the lost of their father. You don't think they will resent him for living them behind, because he wanted so much to study these wild animals. And you are an idiot if you think swimming through swamps and oceans are not the animals natural habitats...A real fool. If you think I'm heartless for caring more abou PEOPLE...HUMAN BEINGS, more then animals then I will be that heartless person that you claim I am.

I feel the same way about you dollbaby...Especially for spewing the guilt toward his innocent child. Loving animals is no reason to stop caring for PEOPLE. NOW YOU THINK ABOUT THAT!!!!

Favorite Answer

I agree with you, motherland. steve irwin is crazy for putting his son near a crocodlie back in 2004. also, i agree that steve and his wife did not care about who raised thier kids if something happened to them!

Why he was a famous australian more famous in the USA than here and did a lot in educating people about nature and it is value to us. yes his methods were unortodox but that is why people watched his films and went to his Zoo. He was a great ambassabor for Australia, strongly promoting Australia over seas fighting for consertvation of nature with Australian State and Federal Parliamentarians, and larger than life but that was Steve Irwin like him or not like him.

I did not like him but I respect what he has done and he deserves all the mentions in the news. Guess what his death headlines the news in the USA

That is your opinion. OK. But you did not know him or his family personally and it's a very pompous and judgemental statement that neither he nor Terri loved their children. They lived for each other. But what you saw with Steve is what you got. Passion, commitment and respect. It was not about money or ratings. Everything he did, every cent he made went into his foundation so education of the world in relation to conservation could continue. You must be very close to God himself for him to have given you the right to to be so judgemental of others, their lives, and beliefs. We are all entitled to our opinions but sorry I find it in very bad taste to say someone deserved to die. Oh how it must feel to be so perfect.

• Linds

How do you know? You don't know that for a fact.

The same thing could be said, about the soldiers fighting in Iraq, many of them have families, newly born babies they had to leave behind. But I am sure their families mean the world to them, but they are fighting for something they believe in, they want to make sure their family, their home has a future to look forward to.

The same thing can be said about Irwin, I'm sure he loved his family very much, but just as they were a part of his life, so was the animals around him. He wanted to make learning fun for people, and while yes it was dangerous, but the same thing can be said about fighting in a war or playing football. You never know what's going to happen, all you can hope, is the knowledge and training you have will help you through it.

• tougas

from observing a documentary on discovery..he inherited an alligator farm from his father who continues to be alive..it became a splash like a zoo close to his place of birth..after he grew to become an animal preservationist i'm particular he has constantly been a close-by action picture star through fact the crocodile hunter and he equipped his little alligator farm right into a thriving zoo

Irwin brought the knowledge of wild animals to the populace. He has helped make caring about animals cool. He knew the risks and was willing to make them.

He DID NOT DESERVE TO DIE. What you have failed to understand is the amount of conservation of animal habitat and animal rescues he did. You cat like you really know what the heck is going on and that you are Real smart but you are just REAL INCONSIDERATE AND IGNORANT.

SHAME ON YOU !!

HOW DARE YOU,!

Obviously you are not Australian and don't know what were feeling at the moment, You don't know anything...

He took risks but they were well informed, he had a team of crocodile and wildlife experts with him at all times, HE DIDN"T SHOW OFF FOR RATINGS< HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT..

The baby incident was done ages ago.. it was actually choreographed and if you had listened to a word on any interview about that you would've heard him defend himself.

STEVE AND HIS WIFE TERRI, LOVE THERE CHILDREN,

THESE ANIMALS WERE LIKE HIS FAMILY ASWELL YOU JSUT DON'T UNDERSTAND OK. IM SICK TO DEATH OF INFORMING ALL YOU MISGUIDED PEOPLE WHAT IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING AND THAT YOU ARE TARNISHING A DEAD MANS NAME, GET SOME ******** RESPECT WHY DON'T YOU, HE HAS NOT BEEN DEAD 24 HOURS AND YOUR ALREADY ON YOUR HIGH HORSE SAYING THAT HE BASICALLY DESERVED TO DIE, WELL HE DIDN'T IF YOU KNEW ANYTHING YOU WOULD KNOW HE LOVED HIS FAMILY.

YEA YOUR RITE, ADRENALINE OR FAME ISN'T WORTH YOUR LIFE, COZ YOUR NOT LIVING ONE IF YOU THINK POSTING THIS QUESTION IS OK..

rest your soul steve..

.. no he didn't deserve to die no one does... !!! he didn't mess with natural habitat!! what planet are you living on,? he saved animals and he nurtured them and cared for them, he ha ddone so since a young child, his mother and father did the same work that he did , HE DID LOVE HIS FAMILY!!! a interview was played on the today show where steve was hugging his beautiful daughter Bindi and saying that he would never let harm come to his kids and he loved them so much!!!

YOUR JUST A HEARTLESS UNINFORMED WOMAN,

I'M NOT WASTING TIME PLAYING GAMES WITH YOU ok.

YOU DON"T NEED MY WORD FOR IT HE IS A GREAT AUSTRALIAN MAN, HE DID LOVE HIS FAMILY AND HE WAS HONEST AND GENUINE..

OHhh also by the way you selfish cow, this isn't about you !

This is about a man that died, and you need to grow up!!

The man is not even yet in his grave, and you are being so heartless, try saying something like this to his wife or children, Or how about saying it to the Australian public, you would be the most hated and despised women in Australia,

LOOK HERE, i don't know what has mentally scarred you as a child women, IT IS NOT HIS FAULT HE IS DEAD,

unless you are an expert, which i highly doubt , because of your stupid post, He did in a " freak" accident,

Death by a sting ray has only occured 17 times in the world, and Steve was the 3rd to be stung in AUSTRALIA,

Yes his kids will be sad, but they will never EVER hate him for doing there job, HE WAS FILMING STUFF FOR BINDI , his 7(8) year old daughter, if anything she would feel guilty,

I'm not answering you back again, i want you to think about what you are saying ok.. its so evil,

i hope i never speak to you again u make me sick

I never placed guilt on his kids!!

get ******, you stupid *****

YOUR A REAL CRUEL PIECE OR WORK, THE MAN IS DEAD AND CAN'T EVEN DEFEND HIMSELF AND YOU KEEP RAMBLING YOUR CRAZY TALK YOU SICK WOMAN .. GO SEEK HELP!

I think his family meant more to him than the animals did. He grew up doing those things so it was a way of life to him. To him, not doing those things would probably have been crazy. I'm just really sorry it ended this way for him. You have a point to though.

Wow your knowledge of the intimate details of the mans private life are just astounding,, you must know something about him and his family that I don't know,, like the fact that his private life reflected his public persona,, did you know the family personally or are you just judging from a distance,, shut your ignorant trap until you know the facts of his life

I understand your frustration but people are still just finding out about this tragedy and feel like they need to talk to others about it. Give it a few days and it will slowly die down.