Nokia 6682 or samsung d807 which is better OVERALL?

Favorite Answer

I have had the Nokia 6682 for over a year now, so I can speak from personal experience regarding that phone. As to the Samsung d807, I checked it out on the web (see 2nd set of links below) for the purposes of this comparison.

Both have a 1.3 megapixel camera and video and bluetooth wireless technology.

The Nokia 6682 has 6x digital zoom for video or photos. It has a night vision mode, but doesn't capture movement well in that mode. Nontheless, the photo quality is good, especially when not too far off and not using the zoom. The phone and video features are my favorite things about the phone.

The Nokia 6682 can have e-mail and Office software, but the e-mail costs more than I was willing to pay Cingular and the Office software did not come pre-packed in my phone.

Memory comparison: The Nokia 6682 comes with 10MB internal memory and a 64MB MMC card, but you can replace the pre-loaded MMC with a more practical higher storage MMC if you want to buy one for it. The Samsung d807 has 18MB memory built in, but has a memory card slot to add memory, which you would definitely want to do.

Nokia 6682 interesting features: The video editor allows you to splice together movie bits. The phone comes with a phone book with lots of useful fields, and with a calendar. There's even an alarm clock with snooze!

Price: I only paid $300 for the Nokia 6682 with a 2-year Cingular activation.

The Nokia 6682 has a voice recorder, but I've found the quality of this to be poor, especially for music.

Batter life comparison: The Samsung d807 has longer Digital talk time at 5 hours Vs 4 hours, but less Standy Time at 250 hours Vs 264 hours expected for the Nokia 6682.

Dimension comparison: The Samsung d807 is smaller and lighter, at 3.30 oz and 3.98″ x 2.09″ x 0.61″ Vs 4.62 oz and 4.23" x 2.19" x 0.86" for the Nokia 6682.

The Nokia 6682 is silver and the Samsung d807 is black with silver highlights, but you could always get a cover if you don't like the looks of either.

Basically I would recommend the Nokia 6682 simply because I'm a satisfied owner of one. You can check out the links below to compare these phones further.

Hope that helped!