promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Pepper's Mommy asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Constipation problem with my dog.?

Does anyone have a home remedy for a constipated dog? Something that you have tried and it works?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

have you got any codliver oil?? you could get a cheap bottle of codliver oil capsules from the chemist in the morning

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Not really. First you need to know why the dog is constipated. Constipation is a symptom of a deeper problem. Poor diet? Ate something that is causing a blockage? Has a tumor that is blocking things up? Not enough exercise? The dog needs to be seen by a vet to determine the problem then treat it.

• 1 decade ago

Canned pumpkin - a few tablespoons for a big dog - NOT the whole can. My vet uses this as a 'tasty' way for the dog to incorporate fiber into the dogs diet.

My Greyhound had numerous stomach issues.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if your dog is constipated you need to take it to the vet! Dogs have and do die from blockages everyday! Blockages are very common and can come from anything they ate: food, treats, underwear, tennisballs, greenies, toys, string. Pretty much anything! Take your dog to the vet!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Try adding a little vegetable oil or olive oil to his food. Also try plain pumpkin (no spices).A little cottage cheese or yogurt will often help too. Don't use any human medicines without checking with your vet first.

Source(s): vet tech 33 years, dog trainer 34 years
  • 1 decade ago

I give my dogs a little prune juice mixed in their water bowl.

• 1 decade ago

you can make him go outside and make the dog eat grass. thats what i do. it works everytime. usually by 5-10 mins. he'll start pooping.

GOOD LUCK,

Sara

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.