maurcal asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 decade ago

UFC 63 Hughes/Penn-who will win?

I thing Matt Hughes is going to beat the crap out of BJ Penn, specially since he is only fighting because Georges St Pierre injured himself. Who do you think will win?

• drago
    Favorite Answer

The winner will be Matt Hughes. He will not take BJ lightly the 2nd time around. Not to mention BJ hasn't had as much time to train as Matt has for this fight.

I would still rather see GSP take on Hughes, but after Matt wins, it will happen soon enough.

I think Matt Hughes will win. But don't let the fact that Penn is replacing St Pierre fool you, Penn will keep this one very close.

Hughes will win by tapout, submission, or a unanimous descision after a 25 minute beating on BJ Penn.

i think hughes will just b/c of his fighting style. He is mostly dominitant in stand up, but has a little ground experience once he drops the guy on their frekain head. Penn will be a close contender tho. He is very strong from the guard but his standup is weaker then hughes. It should be a close fight. Im thinking probably late 2nd or early third submission win by hughes.

Matt Hughes will win. BJ's over confident. He's lucky that Dana White let him come back after he just walked away from the belt. I can't wait until GSP is better. I'd rather see the Hughes vs GSP fight.

If BJ comes motivated and ready to fight, he will win. However, Matt Hughes will not make the same mistake twice.

Oh Man!!!!! UFC 63 and cannot wait!!!!!

I am sooooo looking forward to this match. It is soooooo difficult to say who will win because both fighters are awesome and i respect them both... no matter who wins and who lose!!!

Although, Matt Hughes will have a completely different attitude compared to their last match together. I am sure both will be very alert!! I dont think the match will last longer than 2 rounds... someone is going to tap... but I dont know who!!

I sooooo cannot wait!!!

All the best!!!

I think Matt Hughs will win!!!!

He has got a lot better since the last time they fought.

Matt

Hughes will win, by tapout. I wish Pierre hadn't of been injured that would have been a pretty good fight.