why are there always -clicks- in school?

• kksay
    Favorite Answer

It is "cliques" and I think they exist because like minded people are insecure so they travel in groups to gain confidence.

I think it's because people either

(1)are afraid to step out and try to make new friends,

(2)think they're better than anybody who's not in their clique, or

(3) just don't care.

A lot of people start out with certain friends when they're pretty young and then as they go through school, stick with the same friends - which becomes a clique. They don't see a need to step out and either draw new people in or be themselves "exiled" from the clique. People aren't always mean-hearted about it or actually realize that they're a part of a clique; they just think they're hanging out with friends (although some people DO insist on being exclusive, which is mean-hearted). I'm pretty sure that cliques aren't just in schools, though - they exist among adults as well.

you cannot blame the kids the fault really lies on the parents. there are groups because not everyone was raised the same way for instance i was raised with a pretty strict family and my friends were all jocks in school cause i come from a family of ppl sayin football is the family way

Source(s): cs

The word is spelled "cliques" ... and it's because teenagers and younger children are insecure. They try to keep their friends around them because much of the time they are afraid to strike out alone.

I assume you are referring to "cliques". Why do they exist? Who knows.....there will always be small groups of friends that seem to be closed to new "members".

I don't know the meaning of da word,never heared of it.

because people want to belong to a group to feel accepted. you feel safer that way.

It's like that in jobs too.

because that's how you make it through the tough years, friends

its always been that way