I want to help the world somehow, but i don't know how I can make a difference?

I want to do a reasearch project on helping people, but I dont know what to do it on.....any ideas??

Favorite Answer

Start in your own community. What would make a difference to the lives of people who live in your area? Choose a realistic goal - one that you can work to achieve no matter what your age or where you live. You don't have to save the world from poverty and disease in order to make the world a better place. Start locally. Here are some ideas to start:

* Visit people in a home for the elderly or a convalescent hospital. Often the people who live there are very lonely and will be so grateful for your time and attention. If you have a talent you can share (such as singing or playing an instrument) that's great, but what they really want is someone to talk to.

* Volunteer at after school programs as a tutor or helper. Many years ago I volunteered at a preschool for children with special needs, and now I am a special education teacher because I found out that I loved working with kids who have special needs.

* Help clean up your community. Are the parks and streets tidy and clean, or do they need some cleaning up? You can organize your friends and classmates to do a community clean up day.

* Check with local churches and social service organizations to see if there are needy families in the area and what you could do to help. Maybe a food drive or a clothing drive would help someone in need.

* See what volunteer opportunities are available through different agencies in your area. Food banks, shelters for abused women or homeless people, organizations for people with disabilities, etc., are often looking for energetic volunteers.

* Also check to see if there are people in your neighborhood who are living alone and might need some help. My mom is 83 years old and lives alone about 40 miles from me. My daughter and I both stop in several times a week to check on her, but we really appreciate the neighbors who help her take care of her yard, run small errands for her, etc. They are also great because they call me and let me know if Mom is having a problem.

All of these are ways to help make the world a better place. Start by doing what you can to improve your own community and let it grow from there. Good luck, and bless you for wanting to make a difference.

I have found out that the best way to help the world is actually start helping one person at a time. I have been in a few mission trips outside US and have helped in orphanages and charity work. I do not know your beliefs but I can tell you one thing for sure: it is through faith, courage and willingness to do something that you can achieve your dreams.

If you live in Worcester or its surroundings I would like to invite you to my church: Worcester County Church of Christ, Sundays 10:30am, 2 Airport Dr. It is a wonderful place to be a part of.

Thanks

Leila K.

• Megan

hummm...you could become a volunteer for any organization. Or even a hospital or old folks home. Sometimes their day can be long, and just have someone to talk to makes their day go by faster. You can still help the world a better place by doing gestures that are actually bigger then you think. You don't have to be a NATO spokesperson to change the world (although they don't hurt...lol).

• wise

that job seems way too much and way too heavy for the norm and yet it is not big just the world seems so big

here is a suggestion

Random acts of kindness!

just help someone a stranger and you must get to know something about them and then you tell them to pass on the random act of kindness and this happens over and never cease and the reason for this is soon it become global and everyone will start to discuss it and blog it and it become a really cool thing for all ages and soon the world is touch by this act as random acts of kindness to someone unknown to you!

Become a Social worker. The pay is rediculously sucky, but it helps people. You could also become another type of care worker. Whichever job you choose (if you choose to help through your job) will be poorly paid, because the most helpful people are the most under-appreciated.

Go to any primary school for poor children.You will find they need so much help.Eventually you will be starting a Trust and collecting donations for these children.It is the most worthwhile charity.

Be kind and helpful you never know kindness can change a life and your project can be on kindness

Figure out what you like to do first. Look for volunteer opportunities at volunteermatch.org. You can put in your zip code and find volunteer opportunities in your area.

Source(s): www.volunteermatch.org

be nice to ppl, this world needs nicer ppl. be more patient, kind, and smile to ppl who look at you, instead of just starring back at them. why dont you rent the movie "pay it foward" to get some ideas. =D

try focusing or limiting your topic to a particular subject. and you can start by asking yourself what particualr aspect of this group would you like to make the topic of your research.