we have been using FRONT LINE and it doesn't seem to work?

WE have done all the stuff they told us to do .....Including the vet deal ....the super cleaning of the house...... then the washing of the rugs... then we shaved the dog half way.... lit his hair on fire then as the fleas came out we stabbed them with an ice pick.........Just kidding.... any more suggestions ...really would apreciate it..............Mr. Ben DOVER....TANKS

Favorite Answer

You have to make sure your dog doesn't have the fleas before using the Frontline or they will be all over your house! I have used Frontline for years and it has always work well for my dogs. You make sure that you put the drops between the shoulder blades and that is that. You have to discuss with your vet and tell him what all you have done and maybe he can suggest something else.

how long have you been using it? I have found this year especially the fleas are more active, and I can physically see 1 or 2 on my dog at a time. But they are still dying when they bite him. I live in the South (USA). I have been using the Frontline Plus on him since he was a puppy, and have never had any problems with them in my house. Could you possibly have another pet in the house that is the culprit?

Once fleas infest your house it can take 3 - 4 months to get rid of them and in some cases even longer. Frontline works & works very well, however if there are fleas in the enviornment then you will still see fleas on your pet. The fleas will get on your pet but wil ldie quickly.The eggs will not be able to hatch and all larve will be killed as well. In time the life cycle will be totally broken.

Source(s): vet tech 33 years

Frontline works very well for fleas. Make sure you are getting it on the skin-not just the hair. It's also Guaranteed. Keep getting treatment as long as your vet covers it under the Frontline guarantee.

I never had much luck with Frontline. I switched to Revolution and have not seen a flea since.

we have always used old motor oil from our cars to get rid of fleas it also works for mayge but you want wanna let your pet in the house for a while.also I've heard people say to put a bowl of vanilla extract on your floor and the flea's will jump in and you can just dump it out.

many times fleas & ticks become immune to ONE type of

product and its necessary to change to a different brand..

How about the yard??? have you sprayed the outside areas???

Do you have squirrels and rabbits around..they are heavy carriers

of fleas..

I personally prefer a product called BIO-SPOT...much more cost

effective and I personally find it works better!

Source(s): breeder over 20 years