i feel stupid every time i need help with my homework, i get half of what it means but when i ask my family ..

when i ask my family for help i feel stupid and my dad makes fun of me because i'm extremely emotional when i get frustrated with something. what should i do so i can actually feel smart and confident with myself other than cry and be confused.

Favorite Answer

Wow that must be horrible to go through. You shouldn't have to feel stupid when you ask a question and when you are looking for the way to understand. Think of these two helpful tips the next time you ask for help. Everyone was once in the position you are in (ie no one is born knowing it all, it may come easier to some, but there was a point in their life when they weren't even aware of what was being taught). If you believe in yourself, you will one day know more than they do. (It's true, and besides, you are learning things your parents never learned in school.) Sometimes its better to ask a classmate or friend to help explain what you are learning in class. If you are having a lot of trouble, maybe ask the teacher if she could sit with you for fifteen minutes after class or at the end of the day, so that you can review the lesson with her and ask her any questions you may have.

I wish you good luck, you genius!

Don't feel stupid. It is normal to feel that way when you don't know an answer. Make sure you have other peoples numbers in the classroom and feel comfortable asking questions to them if needed. Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea if you can after class, before or after school get some help from the teacher that is why they are there. If you don't feel comfortable with your teacher see if there is extra help somewhere in you school where you can get your questions answered. The only thing that is stupid is not asking the question. Your dad might make fun of you because he doesn't know the answer either and as an adult doesn't want to let you know that. Sometimes adults can act like kids too, and not be a lot of help. Make sure before you leave the room get all your questions answered from the teacher so you can do your best.

Ask your dad to stop making fun of you.

It's normal to get frustrated - everyone gets stressed.

If you're always getting stressed it could mean you're not fully understanding what was taught in school. Homework is supposed to be re-enforcing not learning. Does your textbook have examples? Really read the examples and work them step by step before attempting the homework.

If you're not getting anywhere after that, you may need a tutor to help out. Ask your teacher if she knows anyone that could tutor you or any help programs after school.

That is why we go to school because we don't know and we need to be taught.Your dad is wrong and you can't let it bring you down.Go to your guidance counselor at school.Tell her or him you need homework help and tell them how your dad makes you feel,if the truth be known he probably doesn't know how to help you and to save face he makes fun of you.Ask them to set you up with tutor help from an upperclassman.That's what they do.

• morris

Do you know of any kids in your class that would help you study.

Let me tell you it is very wrong for your family to down grade you like that. Don't let them get you down, just talk with some friends and get a study session going.

• Dave

You could try to reflect on the problem calmly when you're asking for help. Often, stress makes us feel the issues are larger than they really are.

find out what his grades were like,,then talk to him ,if he was so smart going to a learning center would be the answerer.because he would be making large amounts of money a month,,and should not have a problem paying into your education,, good luck..

juss chill out adn just ask ur parents and tell them not to laugh at you and if they do make them feel bad for it lol be like i came to you becuase i thought u were my parents and are here to help me it works lol did it to my brother and he felt badd and did my homework for the day 8D try this toher wise jsut pay attention in skool or askt he teacher the next day 8D

Source(s): i've done this

perhaps you can ask a teacher to help you after school, because that is what they are there for. Or you can ask one of your classmates to help also.

By the way...you don't sound stupid to me:))

Go to your teacher for help. That is what I told my kids to do, and it really seemed to help.