why would there ever be a vote as to whether English would be a primary language on American soil?

Favorite Answer

To keep from being submerged in our own country by the hispanics who can't/won't learn English.

• elmo o

250 years ago there was just a vote like that

the choices were english and german.

german barely lost.

today spanish would loose but as a businessman i am learning it because i want to increase my customer base.

to me speaking spanish is good business.

if the hispanic population continues to rise in proportion to the rest of us, that q may become important.

i find to speak spanish i need to use more words than english, thus think it to be a lwss precise language, but learning spanish has helped me learn better english

Since it's spoken all over the world, you'd think that this one's a no-brainer. What other language? And don't say, "For Spanish, press 2."

Amazing isn't it? Who would have thought that our politicians would sell us out so completely that even our language is threatened.