Powder or foundation? Which is best?

Which is best for someone with relatively clear, combination skin? Dry on cheeks, oily in the T zone... Do you have to have either or can you go natural and use the other stuff like lipgloss, eyeshadow, mascara, blush? HELP!

Favorite Answer

If you have a slightly uneven skin tone, just dust some powder on. Make sure that it wont clog your pores (noncodmogenic <-- or something like that) For special events, maybe try a foundation. I have been told to wear a shade that is about 1 shade darker than your natural skin color. When applying foundation, make sure that you blend it nicely, so you dont end up with a "mask"

Source(s): Makeup Artist

My skin is like what you describe....for my daily look, I like to use a medium-to-light coverage foundation, followed by a powder blush on my cheekbones, with a dusting of loose powder over it all to help it set. I buy foundation and loose powder by the same brand, in the same color. Looks very natural and lasts pretty much all day long.

On my lips I use Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer -- comes in several shades...looks and feels great!

I add eyeliner, eyeshadow and mascara when I need to look more finished.

After you wash and moisturize try a bit of primer (I love Trish McEvoy and Laura Mercier lines - both are great!) and top it off with a touch of Clinique's Almost Make-up or any other line for that matter - add a drop of creamy blush, swipe on a cream based eyeshadow and you might want to try a tinted mascara, throw on a touch of lipgloss and viola, only 5 minutes of beauty care and you are ready to walk out that door feeling GREAT and looking it too!

Source(s): Make up fantatic!! I love all the big lines and some smaller ones too!

i wud use both at the same time. The foundation evens out the skintone and can get streaky without powder, and the powder takes away shine but can flake off without foundation under it. Use all the other stuff on top of that. Hope this helps!

Foundation

Sheer cover. It's a mineral foundation in powder form that gives you an even complexion for combination skin types.

Source(s): www.sheercover.com

I use both because alot of foundations can give you that oily appearance. By combining both I think evens out your skin.

I use a tinted moisturiser..... it wont clog your pores like foundation can. Its also much more natural looking, and provides light coverage...

But of course you dont need to wear anything at all if youre happy with your skin!! But you should always use a moisturiser with sunscreen in it - or you will get wrinkes earlier!!

Source(s): tried and tested :)

They have this new stuff out by covergirl that is a foundation powder it works great. It is not that expensive either.

use the foundation on the places where you think you need more coverage (like an occasional blemish, etc) then blend with powder. then go ahead and use your blush, shadow, mascara & gloss. :-)