weeds with thorns?

I have a weed in my flower garden. it has fine thorns the plant looks like a raspberry plant, but with more thorns.If you touch it. It feels like your hand is on fire. My husband touched it last year, and we had it dug up. we thought we got rid of it, but it reappeared this year. what is this nasty plant?

• bugsie
    Favorite Answer

I believe it is called Stinging Nettle, I live in New England and that is a problem here!

In the spring time try to be on top of the weed pulling problem.

If you have a landscaper make sure He or She knows that stinging nettle is a problem and may be they will hand spray weed killer as they see a new plant emerge. Be mean, Kill it when you see it even as an infant plant! Good luck, Bugsie

i understand this is going to sound relatively humorous yet get some gray duck tape - you understand the authentic good stuff AKA "100mile an hour" tape take some and ill it on your hand and pull it off authentic speedy the thorns will stick to the tape. Its appropriate to do it in small aspects and basically rip it off such as you may a band-help yet basically verify its good and caught on your hands. After that positioned peroxide on your hands two times an afternoon till all discomfort is long previous and your hands are lower back to primary... And positioned on gloves next time :)

• CWB

probably a wild variety of raspberry, there are loads of them here in the south. get some good garden gloves because they never seemto go away entirely. just keep digging and pulling. it will keep them back. the only other way isusing hebicide but then there is still a thorny dead stalk.

• Frank

I could answer your question but I need to know where you live...there are hundreds of species worldwide (I have been scratched by each kind). What does the leaf look like, does it have a flower...what color...how tall??? Your question is too vague for a responsible reply.

if you live in the south it is probably a hog nose briar and they always cause that burning sensation dig them up as soon as they are spotted and put them in the trash eventually they will disappear the sees can stay dormate for 2 or 3 years

We always called it "wait a minute" because you could be walking along and it would grab you and you'd have to wait a minute for it to stop hurting and disentangle yourself.

I'd go ahead and brush liberal amounts of brush killer on it if I were you.

• Cosmos

I think it's a stinging nettle. Did you know you can eat them? You can make soup with it and it is quite tasty, I heard. Perhaps, it is too much trouble to pick them, though...